These terms and conditions apply between the person, firm, company or other entity specified on your booking form (“you” or “your”) and IIR Limited, trading as IIR and IBC Finance a company registered in England and Wales under number 1835199 whose registered office is 5 Howick Place, London, SW1P 1WG, UK (“IIR and IBC Finance”), for delegate registrations for the conference specified on your booking form (“Conference”). Please read them carefully as they contain important information. By submitting your registration to attend the Conference (“your registration”) you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms IIR will be unable to accept your registration.
1. Your registration is an offer to IIR and IBC Finance to attend a Conference which is subject to IIR and IBC Finance’s acceptance in writing (which may include (without limitation) email). A binding contract between IIR and IBC Finance and you will only be formed when written confirmation of acceptance (“Confirmation” or “Confirmed”) is sent by IIR and IBC Finance to you (whether or not it is received) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration. You should contact IIR and IBC Finance if you have not received Confirmation within 5 days of your registration, but in any event if Confirmation is not sent within 14 days of IIR and IBC Finance receiving your registration, your registration will be deemed to be accepted unless IIR and IBC Finance notify you otherwise. IIR and IBC Finance reserve the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept your registration.
2. You will pay IIR and IBC Finance the fees specified in your booking form for the Conference (“your fees”). Payment of your fees must be received in full and in cleared funds by IIR and IBC Finance from you in accordance with IIR and IBC Finance’s payment terms from time to time in force but in any event not later than 48 hours before the Conference. If payment of your fees in full is not received before the Conference, IIR and IBC Finance may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Conference or refuse you entry to the Conference. No refunds of any proportion of your fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of your fees will remain due and payable where entry to a Conference is refused under this Condition 2.
3. All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to IIR and IBC Finance’s approval. Discounts for group registrations are only valid for the number of delegates specified on your booking form. If the number of delegates that actually attends the Conferences is (for any reason) less than the number specified in the your booking form, then IIR and IBC Finance may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged to reflect the number of delegates that actually attend the Conference in line with IIR and IBC Finance’s published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable to us as a result shall be paid in line with Condition 2.
4. Prices for each Conference are correct at the time of publication. IIR and IBC Finance reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by IIR and IBC Finance. VAT of the country the event takes place in is also subject to change. You will be charged the VAT rate that is applicable at the time you make your booking.
5. It is the intent of the parties that IIR and IBC Finance will receive payment of your fees net of all applicable taxes, including without limitation, sales, VAT, service or withholding taxes (“Taxes”), all of which shall be paid solely by you. If and to the extent that any Taxes are levied upon, or found to be applicable to, the whole or any portion of the payment of your fees, the amount of such payment shall be increased by an amount necessary to compensate for the Taxes (including any amount necessary to “gross up” for Taxes levied on the increase itself).
6. You may cancel your registration in accordance with this Condition 6. Cancellations received in writing more than 2 weeks before the event will be subject to a service charge of £99. The full conference fees remain payable if cancellations are received less than 2 weeks prior to the event. Substitutions are welcome at any time. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the organiser to alter the content and timing of the programme or the identity of the speakers. In the unfortunate event that an event is cancelled Informa are not liable for any costs incurred by delegates in connection with their attendance. This contract is subject to English Law. All cancellations must be sent by email to email@example.com marked for the attention of Customer Services
7. Substitutions with employees from your organisation are welcome at any time before the conference begins but in all other respects delegate registrations are issued for your personal use only and cannot be shared with any person during the Conference. You may not purchase registrations as agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others, or exploit the registration commercially or non-commercially in any way.
8. IIR and IBC Finance may (at its sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue location and programme or any other aspect of the Conference at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
9. IIR and IBC Finance may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel a Conference at any time for any reason. Where IIR and IBC Finance changes the date or cancels the Conference for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 10 shall apply) IIR and IBC Finance shall offer you the option of attending any rearranged Conference that IIR and IBC Finance chooses to organise (acting in its sole discretion). If you promptly notify IIR and IBC Finance in writing before the date of the Conference that you do not wish to attend the rearranged Conference or if IIR and IBC Finance elects not to rearrange the Conference then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of your fees received by IIR and IBC Finance.
10. Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in IIR and IBC Finance's sole discretion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of IIR and IBC Finance to hold the Conference at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Conference generally, then IIR and IBC Finance shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide alternative facilities or venue for the Conference; and/or (ii) reschedule the Conference. Any of your fees received by IIR and IBC Finance shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Conference held pursuant to this Condition 10 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearranged or rescheduled Conference or have any right to claim any compensation in respect thereof. If IIR and IBC Finance is unable or elects not to rearranged or reschedule the Conference pursuant to this Condition 10, then you will (as its sole remedy) be entitled, in your sole discretion, to receive either a refund or credit note in respect of your fees received by IIR and IBC Finance, in each case less an administration charge equivalent to 25% per cent of the total amount of your fees (which IIR and IBC Finance may (in its sole discretion) either deduct from any refund or credit note or invoice the you separately). For the purpose of this Condition 10 “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of IIR and IBC Finance including (without limitation) to speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, health scares, industrial dispute, governmental regulations or action, military action, fire, flood, disaster, civil riot, acts of terrorism or war. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Conference organised by IIR and IBC Finance pursuant to this Condition 10.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, IIR and IBC Finance shall not be liable to you for any loss, delay, damage or other liability incurred resulting from or arising in connection with the cancellation or date change of the Conference howsoever arising or any venue change. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 9 and 10 set out your sole remedy should the Conference date be changed or cancelled and all other liability of IIR and IBC Finance is expressly excluded.
12. IIR and IBC Finance may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Conference, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the opinion of IIR and IBC Finance represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Conference. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by IIR and IBC Finance or the venue owners at the Conference.
13. All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Conference as a delegate and you consent to the use by IIR and IBC Finance of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, IIR and IBC Finance excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Conference; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If IIR and IBC Finance is liable to you for any reason, IIR and IBC Finance’s total liability to you in relation to the Conference (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your fees received by IIR and IBC Finance.
16. If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, IIR and IBC Finance is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this Agreement, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of this Agreement and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. IIR and IBC Finance’s obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non performance and IIR and IBC Finance and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Condition 16 are subject to the provision of Condition 10.
17. IIR and IBC Finance reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
18. No person other than you and IIR and IBC Finance shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and IIR and IBC Finance.
19. This Agreement is governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this Condition 19 shall prevent or restrict IIR and IBC Finance from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction